All our Equipping Hour ministries are designed to help you grow in your walk with Christ as you deepen both your knowledge and love for God. These ministries are offered on Sunday mornings.
8:30 am & 9:00 am.
Sundays | 8:30 am
Begins February 6
Grasping God’s Word is an Equipping Hour course for anyone (high school to adult) who wants to improve their reading, interpretation, and application of God’s Holy Word. It is especially recommended for anyone who leads or facilitates Bible Study here at Bethany Bible Church.
Text: Grasping God's Word, Fourth Edition, by J. Scott Duvall, J. Daniel Hays, Kevin J. Vanhoozer and Mark L. Strauss
Grasping God's Word is an indispensable guide to reading, interpreting, and applying the Bible. It teaches college-level students and lay learners how to read the Word of God carefully and in context on their quest to gain a firm grasp on the rock of God’s word.
Old Testament scholar J. Daniel Hays and New Testament expert J. Scott Duvall provide practical, hands-on exercises to guide students through the interpretive process. To emphasize the Bible’s redemptive arc and encourage correlation across the biblical canon, the authors have included a call to "Consult the biblical map. How does a theological principle fit with the rest of the Bible?" as an additional step in the Interpretive Journey.
For additional details, please contact the church office: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sundays | 9:00 AM
Begins February 6
“Going therefore, make disciples…” (Matt 28:19-20).
“Bear one another’s burdens…” (Gal 6:2)
Admonish, instruct, exhort, encourage, rebuke, correct.
All these words and their accompanying Scriptural passages can overwhelm us. We read the commands and hear the call to get involved in other’s lives to help them—especially in the crisis times of life. Yet, we often feel lost as to where we should start, what to focus on first, and finally, we encounter the crucial question of “what are we aiming for—what does ‘maturity’ and ‘health’ look like?”
Foundations for Discipleship-Counseling is for anyone wanting to be involved in helping others grow and change as followers of Jesus Christ (the sanctification process). In part 1, we look at God’s resources for change and how He lays out the change process. This class purposes to develop godly, wise counsel in helping others face the journey of life’s ups & downs. It also serves as the level 1 training for all those wanting to join our biblical counseling team.
Text: Counseling: How to Counsel Biblically (MacArthur, Mack)
Biblical Counseling-Discipleship Training—covers different aspects of how God calls us to change and grow, and to help others change and grow.
- Part 1a—Foundations for Discipleship-Counseling looks at the ‘big picture’, an overview, of discipleship-counseling—attempting to look at how God sees man, what biblical change looks like, and how it’s different than how the world would help people.
- Part 1b-d—Emotions, Family, Overwhelming Trials all focused on some specific area of counseling that are encountered in the majority of discipleship-counseling situations.
- Part 2—Methods for Discipleship-Counseling aims to encourage biblical thinking and “how-to” practical steps for counselors as we walk alongside people in need of help in the roller-coaster of emotions. This gets to the process—a general one, not necessarily sequential and many times overlapping—of how to counsel.
- Part 3—Theology of Counseling Discipleship demonstrates how doctrine comes to life in real ministry to real people—theology intersecting in the practical realities, crisis and struggles of our lives.
- Wanting to grow in their walk as a follower & imitator of Jesus Christ.
- Actively involved in people’s lives and want to be more effective in the counsel/guidance they give.
- Desiring to serve as a biblical counselor at Bethany Bible Church (or other churches), walking with others through the many varied trials in life.
As followers of the Lord Jesus Christ who are actively involved others’ lives—especially those who are going through crisis times, you want to be more effective at helping them grow and change to God’s glory. This class is designed to help you grow in your skills as a disciple-maker.
Please contact Pastor Chris Bruynzeel at email@example.com as to whether or not you will attend. It help us know the number of notes to print.
The Fundamentals of the Faith (FOF) class covers thirteen lessons blending basic biblical truths with personal obedience and service. Topics range from the character of God to church participation, so it's an ideal study for new believers or a helpful review and fresh encouragement for even the most seasoned saints. The next FOF session begins soon and is led by Patrick LaCanfora. Visitors are welcome and we encourage you to sign up for the next session!
Sundays | 9:00 AM
The Family Hour Ministry intentionally seeks to work together with families to help them grow spiritually, help parents disciple their children, and equip the next generation of Christ-followers. We start with family worship and memory verse review followed by a review of the previous week’s sermon. Then, we preview the upcoming sermon so the children are trained, engaged, active listeners during Sunday Service. We close in prayer together as a family. We welcome parents and their children to join us!
Come for a time of fellowship, singing, and learning!
Click here for additional information about Family Hour.
What It Means to be a Genuine Follower of Christ
and How to Lead Others to Him
What does it mean to understand and believe the Gospel and live as a genuine disciple of Christ? Each session is a series of 8-10 classes. This will be an amazing journey together, building on the foundations learned in Fundamentals of the Faith—mapping your way as a follower and servant of Jesus Christ!
Session 1—Christianity Explored Session
Session 3—Life Explored
9:00 am | Led by Jim Hines